Corset 4006 has a deep sweetheart neckline, and includes adjustable, detachable shoulder straps.It is designed to lift and support your bust and define your waist, creating a beautiful hourglass shape. It’s extra long length makes it excellent for plus sizes.
Staff tips: This corset is cut with very deep cups, and is only recommended if you have a C cup or larger.
- This corset includes the following features:
- beautiful face fabric backed with twill underlining
- inner waist tape for reinforcement
- front busk opening for easy on/off
- all steel boning throughout the corset
- sturdy 2 piece metal grommets at centre back
- back placket to cover the gap between the laces and protect the skin from abrasion
- ample back lacing for cinching and size adjustment
- centre front length: 13″
- centre back length: 13″
This corset is kept in stock in Black Brocade. This corset can also be made to order in a variety of fabrics and will be ready in 6 – 8 weeks. Please call or e-mail to place a special order:
- Satin, PVC: $325
- Brocade: $425
- Leather: $625.00
Please click on a swatch to view a larger fabric sample. Some swatches are coming soon.
Because corsets fit differently than regular clothing, they are sized differently too. Just like a bra is based on cup size, an authentic corset is based on waist size. The corset size is the actual measurement of the corset at the waistline, and should be about 4” smaller than your natural waist. This allows the corset to comfortably shape your waist, as well as leaving space for “spring room”: a gap left open at the back to allow for movement and small sizing adjustments.
For example, a person with a 30” waist would wear a size 26 corset. If you have an odd numbered waist measurement, round the number down rather than up.
Authentic Corset Size
Natural Waist Measurement
How to measure your waist:
- To determine where your natural waistline is, tie a string around your waist, bend over and then stand up straight again. The string will automatically roll to your waistline. This will probably be on or above your belly button.
- Breathe normally and do not suck in your stomach.
- Use a soft measuring tape.
- Hold the measuring tape snugly around the string, and make sure it does not dig into your skin or sag down at the sides or back.
- An accurate measurement is very important, as it will determine how well your new corset will fit.
- Your natural waist is not where you wear your pants. Do not measure where you think you waist is; use the instructions above.
- Your waist measurement is not the same as your jeans size. Do not use that size instead of properly measuring your waist.
- If your natural waist is larger than 36″ and you feel you are quite “squishy”, you may want to choose a corset that is 6″ smaller than your natural waist.
- If you are unsure of what size to pick, please e-mail us with your measurements, and one of our staff will help you pick the correct size.